Wiltshire Leaves le Willows Weeping

Wroxham delivered a five star performance to see off unbeaten Walsham Le Willows at Trafford Park writes Darren Wiseman.

20841156_1508687435844444_1099659133109672773_nWroxham kicked off towards the Kenny Cooke stand and were straight away on the front foot. They enjoyed the majority of the ball and were passing with purpose and took the lead on 3 minutes. A through ball found Wiltshire in the box, and his touch and turn brought him inside his marker and he finished well in the bottom left hand corner from 10 yards.

It was a great start, and Wroxham were playing some great football, but Walsham le Willows are unbeaten by accident, and kept the Yachtsmen honest when Ryan Twinn nearly reached a long though ball to him, but he could not quite stretch enough to create the chance for himself.

Both teams were looking positive in possession, but Wroxham were having the lion share of the ball. On 14 minutes they created another chance. Great build up play between Wiltshire and Harley Black allowed the latter to deliver a brilliant cross from the Wroxham left to back post. Gilfedder won the header but could only steer the ball wide.

He made amends 3 minutes latter to double the lead. A though ball to him set the powerful striker free, and he was one on one with Barry Lynn in the Walsham goal. As Gilfedder beat him on the outside, Lynn bundled him over and conceded a penalty. He got up to receive a yellow card. Gilfedder on the other hand got up to bury the penalty and it was 2-0.

On 25 minutes Walsham nearly pulled one back. A great ball in from the left came unto the Wroxham box, a ricochet took the ball to Lee Warren, and his snap shot from 10 yards seemed goal bound until Will Viner stuck a solid palm to firstly stop the ball from going in, but then catch it as it came down to stop the danger. It was a fantastic save, and kept the Yachtsmen on a course for 3 points.

On 28 minutes, Harley Black raced clear on the left and he delivered a sumptuous ball with the outside of his right foot. The arriving Gilfedder looked certain to score, but first defenders, then goal keeper managed to keep his efforts out.

On 30 minutes the leaders conjured a goal back out of nowhere. Twinn was again in the action as he ran clear, played the ball in to the area. Despite Matthews getting back, his half clearance fell to Reece Clarke and he tucked away the finish to drag his team back into the contest.

The goal however did not turn the flow of the match. Black chose this moment to produce a sublime piece of skill to wow the crowd. Running at his full back, Lee Sim, Black nutmegged him not once, but twice before charging forward. He followed this with a great pass to Gilfedder, who had the ball at his feet and team mates lining up to have a crack at goal. He selected Swatman, but his effort went just over the bar.

Wroxham were really turning on the style with their play as the half came to a close, but the Willows were holding on. It was a pulsating game providing great entertainment. It just needed the Yachtsmen to put the game to bed!

Wroxham made a forced substitution at half time with Adam Smith coming off for Matt Cook. When the play got under way, the half could not have started any better with Wiltshire adding a second on 50 minutes. Bussens burst clear on the left, he played it inside to Gilfedder. He was tackled but the ball fell nicely to Wiltshire and he finished nicely from 8 yards to make it 3 -1.

On 78 minutes sub Sweeney showed what a great replacement he is. Craig Bussens was fouled as he made yet another bursting forward run, and Sweeney was immediately stepping up to take the result set piece. He bent the ball over the wall, but his effort hit the bar and was cleared.

On 80 minutes the Willows got back into the game for a second time. The ball came across and everyone seemed to stop expecting a flag to be raised. Everyone stopped that is except captain Craig Nurse who slotted the ball home. On 87 minutes Wiltshire calmed all the nerves as he out ran his defender and beat the keeper low into the left hand corner of the goal. Finally came the icing on the cake, and a great goal to finish the night. In injury time, Sweeney picked up the ball on the right wing, he ran across the box, evading 3 defenders along the way. When he was in line with the left hand upright, he arrowed a shot back to the right corner, which beat the flaying Lynn to cap a great night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s